Simmetry Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simmetry Design

Where creativity has no limits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed

Go down 
+4
lionpaws
MaggieSims
Vanadis
JoeJoe11
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty9/28/2016, 1:08 am

Next on my list of crap to do. Aghhhh I hope I make it in time. Sad

P.S. I'll be back to read Lionpaws' story. glasses
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty9/28/2016, 1:24 am

SimsOrigfan wrote:
I have NO Idea how this forum works ..... Shocked Confused 2
LOL  Pm me and I shall teach you.
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty9/29/2016, 2:17 am

Just posting this here before bed.

ASSIGNMENT 1: MODEL APPLICATION
Sup Deans! My name is Ashley Owens, but you already know that right? Well I'm going be straight with you. I have no idea how to be a model. I always thought modeling was for those pretty stick thin girls with vapid personalities and closets full of shoes. I don't get why the heck you would chose me to be a model. Of all people! I was literally wrestling with my brother in the mud when you gave me that frou frou card for the school. "My face. My features. Beautiful. Whaaaaat?" My brother had a similar reaction. I think he said something really rude though, so I slapped him.

Anyway, I'm not your typical beauty so I was a little caught off guard by your offer and praise. I never been considered beautiful or cute or anything a girl would want to hear. Ever since I was little I've been teased for my looks. My freckles, my puffy hair, my biracial features, and just everything has been the subject of jokes. I've been called ugly more times than I can count. Just yesterday one my brothers told me I was too ugly to be a model. I punched him real good in the mouth, but it did hurt my feelings. I may have a tough exterior on the outside, but I'm pretty sensitive on the inside.

So I decided I would do it to prove them wrong, but I'm still a bit hesitant. I'm a total tomboy and a jock. All I know about is sports and playing in the dirt. I never used makeup. I can't put an outfit together to save my life and I'm a total slob. Other girls think I'm disgusting. Boys treat me like one of the guys. Not to mention I grew up with three older brothers dooming me from start. I can't catch a break. When I told the neighborhood I was being approached for a prestigious modeling school they all laughed at me. It was humiliating.

This isn't just about honor though. I want to attend to become successful. I live in a poor neighbor and my parents can barely afford the four of us. Between sports and my part time job, I can barely function. It would also be nice to try something different. I can't get enough of stuff like football and track, but modeling is something I never thought I could do. Something girly. Maybe this will be good for my self esteem. Something my mom can be happy about since she's always trying to get me to shop with her and get my nails done. Don't get me wrong she loves me the way I am, but she's going to be ecstatic when she sees me all dolled up. My brothers may faint. Yeah I can do this. I can do this. Makeup. Dresses. Pretty things? I'm so nervous! I hope you guys are right about me.

I guess I'll catch you on the flip side deans. Well that's if you choose me to attend. In the meantime, I'm going being playing some football and putting one of my brothers in a headlock while practicing some modeling poses. Catch you later!
Back to top Go down
Chell

Chell

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty9/29/2016, 11:30 am

Looks amazing Vid.   I love you  it!
Back to top Go down
lionpaws

lionpaws

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty9/29/2016, 12:53 pm

Amazing picture vid! I love all the mud flying.
She is beautiful, and strong! Go Ashley, go!!! cheer
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty9/29/2016, 6:26 pm

@Chell Thank you. I love yours b/w. I love her personality. Smile

@lionpaws Thank you! I love yours as well. All the talk about sweets made me hungry and I love the name of the coffee shop. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chell

Chell

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty9/30/2016, 8:46 am

@vidkid20 Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
beech

beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/3/2016, 12:04 pm

Awesome, awesome Vid!! Two Thumbs cheer
Back to top Go down
beech

beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/3/2016, 12:11 pm

@MaggieSims :: Judging time my dear Smile
Back to top Go down
lionpaws

lionpaws

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/3/2016, 1:34 pm

The model panel looks awesome, beech.
Back to top Go down
Vanadis
Vanadis

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/3/2016, 11:19 pm

Aww damn, I missed it.  I fell down the stairs and cracked my kneecap.
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/3/2016, 11:33 pm

lionpaws wrote:
The model panel looks awesome, beech.
I agree

And thanks Beech. I'm so glad I joined now. Good things you harassed me. haha smilie
Back to top Go down
beech

beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/4/2016, 12:09 pm

Thanks guys Smile

@Vanadis :: Oh my goodness pale get better girl!
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/4/2016, 3:49 pm

Yeah Vana. Stop hurting yourself. We need you in one piece. Smile Feel better. I love you
Back to top Go down
Vanadis
Vanadis

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/4/2016, 10:34 pm

If I were in the insurance fraud mini-game on Saint's Row I'd be rolling in cash LOL

Good luck errybody!  Loved all your stories!
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/8/2016, 6:29 pm

sent my scores to ya thru PM here @beech
Back to top Go down
http://maggiesims.tumblr.com
beech

beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/10/2016, 12:57 pm

Thanks Maggie - it was a long weekend of Volleyball for me. From about 2pm on Friday, I have been running non-stop to tournaments and events for my team. I finally got home to relax Sunday night around 9pm and crashed - on top of all of that my oldest is sick with a fever and sore throat. So It's been hectic here. I have scores ready to post asap, though!
Back to top Go down
beech

beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/10/2016, 3:49 pm

ATTENTION!

Everything has been posted. You have a new assignment and a link provided to the results slideshow.

Remember that your final placement is in the slideshow and your comments are listed underneath it in the order you posted your assignments.

Also, one other thing - [b]Maggie & I are supposed to write our comments as if we are talking to YOUR MODEL, not YOU! However, Maggie forgot, and I didn't lol - so hers are directed more like a typical judge and mine are written as if I'm the dean and your models are my students. Next time, we will have them both written that way.
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/11/2016, 9:01 pm

Checking in. I saw this yesterday on both forums, but forgot to check in. sweating Love the new assignment. I almost have an idea for it I think. thinking
Back to top Go down
beech

beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/12/2016, 11:43 am

NP Vid Smile
Back to top Go down
lionpaws

lionpaws

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/12/2016, 5:23 pm

Checking in.
Thanks for scores, that war helpful.
Tm excited about assignment 2.

Back to top Go down
lionpaws

lionpaws

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/20/2016, 6:52 am

Here's Lachlan's Assignment 2 - Light and Angle

And here I was, the odd one out, again.
Lying in bed, starring into the dark the first night at modeling school disappointment tugged at my soul and threatened to moisten my eyes. The other bed in the room would stay untouched. I’m the only guy in the camp. Where the girls would bunk in twos I’m, of course, on my own. OK, I knew from the letter of acceptance, that there would be only eight girls and I attending. But I had no idea the reality would come on so hard. I’m good at ignoring the un-pleasantries of life. But this was different; somehow I had put myself out there with no protection. All my life I had a safe nest at my grandparents’ home and they always have had my back. This is supposed to be an attempt to fly on my own.
I confess, when I applied I had my hopes up to meet one or two guys I could connect with on other levels than sports. Now I was just lonely.
Shoving aside the gloomy thoughts I focused on the main purpose I came here: to learn something new, something I always had an interest in and hardly dared to admit to myself: Fashion.

This week’s assignment was about lightning and angle in photography. We all assembled in the main classroom and I looked around. Everyone seemed to check out the other classmates and I caught a few tentative smiles flashed my way. I smiled back quite in the same manner.
I feel like oil in water, but I have to make an attempt to blend in, that is what I want.
The week began with a lecture about the different lightning devices, background, slave, spotlights, their use and possibilities. While I scribbled down notes I noticed the red head to my right watching me.
“Maybe recording is easier than writing down everything?” she joked.
I looked up and shrugged: “I’m not good remembering things. My thoughts and ideas are all over the place in my head. I better have a guideline jotted down on paper to revise all I have to know later.”
“Good point, I have an excellent memory, but maybe we could learn together in case of a test?
“Sure.” I smiled. Then I dug my head to hide the blush creeping up my cheeks. When had I ever agreed to do something with another person so full heartedly, and a mere stranger at that? This was totally out of my habit. A few moments later I glanced over but she seemed not to have noticed my uncomforting.

Light is the alpha and omega in photography. And it can be very, very uncomfortable.
We learned that a model has to deal with the fact that it had no control over what can be seen in a picture through an impressive demonstration.
One day there was a white backdrop. All the lights were turned on; it was blindingly bright.
“Today I want you to experience to stand in the spotlight. So everyone steps up here, say your name and just stay there for two minutes. And the others I want to look at the one in front, be the spectator, but no comments, please. You all have more or less acquainted each other, so this shouldn’t be too hard.” The teacher announced.
My throat tightened and my hands got sweaty. I don’t know, I’m used to stand in front of people from the café back home, or not? And I was grateful for the girl that volunteered to go first. Back in school I always thought the ones so eager were just craving for recognition, but honestly, it took some guts to put oneself out there. For the first time I appreciated that kind of enthusiasm and wished I could muster up some.
It was my turn to get up there. I said my name and stood. Not knowing where to put my hands I picked at my nails, becoming aware of it I dropped my hands, then clenched them behind me, all while I stepped from on foot on the other. I felt bared and at the same time not. I couldn’t see my audience, the blinding light in a way build a barrier. I could use that to concentrate on myself and feel safe. Realizing that I calmed and stood there relaxed for my remaining time. When I sat and watched the others up there I noticed that almost all must have felt the same. After a while they relaxed, it was beautiful to see. I felt a connection with my classmates I never knew before.

The rest of the week we had the coolest assignment ever: Everyone was to set up lightning and instruct the photographer to shoot a picture they felt comfortable in, focusing on what we learned about lightning and angle. We worked together and had a lot of fun trying out the different lights ourselves. Finally, everyone came up with a picture that pleased them, including me.

Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Lachbo10

Yeah, that is me, a lot you don’t see and some bright spots I like to show. Looking at the photo now I can say it’s not bad, but I think I can work on putting more shades into the picture I show and open up more. I already feel more a part of this little group than I have felt a part of anything in my life.

Good luck to  everyone cheer
Back to top Go down
beech

beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/20/2016, 3:22 pm

Great @Lionpaws! I've been swamped with work (got called in all of a sudden this week) so I apologize for not being here as much!
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/21/2016, 2:06 am

Popping over here to post it here too. I'm so tired, but I got it done by some miracle.  exhausted

ASSIGNMENT 2: LIGHTING & ANGLES
Ashley Owens here again. Why the heck you need to know about my first day? Oh....I'm sorry mam. Please don't call my parents. I didn't mean it. I was joking. *laughs nervously* I'll tell you everything. My first day was pretty lousy. I thought I had my posing down pact, but I had no idea there was more to it. Angles? Lightning? Why does modeling have to be so hard?

Well let me tell you I didn't get off to a good start, which was part of the problem. If it wasn't for my roommate, Amber I would have showed up to class in a baggy t-shirt and gym shorts. A no no in an elite modeling school. She practically dressed me. So I was fashionably late literally. I made it to the "studio room" 10 minutes before the bell. I snuck in as quietly as I could, but Mrs. May must have eyes in the back of her head. She saw me even with her back turned to me.

"Ashley you're late and can you please sit like a lady."

The class laughed. I crossed my legs and blushed. How freaking embarrassing. I was thinking, "I already stick out like a sore thumb. Could I just disappear now." Unfortunately I didn't have that luxury.

First she called up a really cute boy up to the front. He was so perfect looking. His face, his smile, and that body. None of the boys from my neighborhood look like that. I was so fixated on him I didn't even notice when my name was called.

"Ashley...ASHLEY! How about you help Malcolm demonstrate the importance of finding the light and perfect body angles."

I immediately froze. All my posing ideas and practice went out the window with the rest of my thoughts. I got up trying not to fall in my high heels. Giggling and whispering echoed in the room. I stumbled almost falling into Malcolm who seem to be perfectly calm. "OK, Ashley you can do this," I told myself.

Then I did the unthinkable. I posed right beside him confidently and I stepped backwards to spread out my feet. That's when it happened. The heel of my shoe dug right into Malcolm's foot! He yelped in pain while the class roared with laughter. All I could do was apologize over and over again as I stood in the spotlight panicking. Why me?

So that was my first day. Can I go back to my room now to mope? I can? Thanks mam.
Back to top Go down
lionpaws

lionpaws

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty10/21/2016, 2:21 am

Hahaha, you got to love Ashley! I think Lachlan will like her a lot, she is much in contrast to his gloomy tendencies. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed   Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - Closed
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next