Simmetry Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simmetry Design

Where creativity has no limits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

stuck on loading or saving issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

stuck on loading or saving issue Empty
PostSubject: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty2/26/2016, 1:03 pm

Lately I have had an issue with getting stuck perpetually saving or loading from edit town mode. I have tried doing some research and it sounds like this is a reoccurring issue for lots of people. So I will document what i have done to my game, when the issue started, and things i have done. Hopefully I can get some feed back..... VANA..... and get this resolved.

I have some in game building I need to do, then I will start documenting my issues.

Edit: my misc decor catalog is loading XD

I recently decided to patch my game with the latest. I also wanted to remove a ton of cc, and freshen my game.

Ok, first only kept 3 sims.

... to be continuted as i have time Smile
Back to top Go down
http://maggiesims.tumblr.com
Vanadis
Vanadis

PostSubject: Re: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty2/26/2016, 7:05 pm

I'd get rid of any CC you have downloaded since the last time your game worked, and try it then. Then you can add them back in slowly, test... eventually you'll find something that went fubar. That's what I did when mine was getting stuck and not saving.

Mine also was kinda weird in the way that it would get stuck saving for about 10 minutes (it usually only takes like 2 minutes for mine to save) and then after waiting that long the whole damn thing would crash to desktop. It was a CC issue. :/

Lately I'm having a lot of crashes to desktop for no reason, I shouldn't be having them cause my computer is a beast. But I think that's just crappy coding in the game, nothing I can do about that except send Guy Fieri to EA to eat all their food and make obnoxious noises.

I'mma start a "rent Guy Fieri" GoFundMe. XD

Anyway if you do the CC thing and it still doesn't work let me know and I can try to think of anything else, but I'm sure it's either CC or bad code.
Back to top Go down
RoseeBudd

RoseeBudd

PostSubject: Re: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty2/27/2016, 6:05 pm

This happened to me. Generally, this is a broken piece of custom content. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://roseebudd.tumblr.com
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

PostSubject: Re: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty2/27/2016, 7:00 pm

Thanks ladies. I finally got my assignment done so I will start pulling everything. I'll post updates!
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

PostSubject: Re: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty3/1/2016, 3:59 pm

OOOOKkkkk... so I found 1 broken piece of CC, simply scanning my packages. Loaded game to test, but it still is not saving/or loading after use of cheats. Can still save or load from edit town on a fresh load without cheats/lights.

BUUUUTTT WAIT.... so if I undo all cheats, moveobjects off, testingcheatsenabled false, and delete any buydebug lights, I CAN SAVE, but if those are on, NO SAVE. so weird.

still testing, but i got so much to doooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Vanadis
Vanadis

PostSubject: Re: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty3/1/2016, 4:18 pm

That sounds like still a mod interacting with the Sims 3's notoriously buggy coding. But if you wanna keep all your CC and still save, then just disable cheats and kill all the debug lights.
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

PostSubject: Re: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty3/4/2016, 10:40 am

Yeah, i know. I do wanna keep most of it. although i already removed most. but IT TAKES SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT AND I DONT WANNA.

but i will.... eventually. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stuck on loading or saving issue   stuck on loading or saving issue Empty

Back to top Go down

stuck on loading or saving issue
Page 1 of 1