Simmetry Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simmetry Design

Where creativity has no limits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So....I have a Question

Go down 
+2
Mizzie
socallucyfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
socallucyfan

socallucyfan

So....I have a Question Empty
PostSubject: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/5/2016, 10:45 pm

I had a small question that hopefully y'all could help me with. I've heard other simmers say that compressing their package files help their game go faster. I tried finding a tut on how to do this, but I was unsuccessful. I was wondering if I could get your opinions on this. Do you know of a good tut that is easy for a computer noob like me to follow?
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/5/2016, 11:07 pm

This is the method that I used: http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html#cutid1

Here's another: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/212825.page

The first one is easiest to me and it worked. You should definitely compress/combine your cc. It makes everything load faster. Just make sure to save a copy of your uncompressed folder somewhere for backup.
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/5/2016, 11:10 pm

I have used regular merging AND cc magic, and while cc magic has some perks, i prefer regular merging. And if you are good at organizing, it makes tracking things down later much easier! Vid's got the links!
Back to top Go down
http://maggiesims.tumblr.com
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/5/2016, 11:27 pm

Oh yeah I did split everything in neat little categories. Hair, Clothes, and decor. Makes things easier. I would merge everything by type too like that, because merging it all into one file will be too much.

I would show you my folder, but I gotta merge some more cc together. My folder is back filled up again. Oops
Back to top Go down
socallucyfan

socallucyfan

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/6/2016, 1:51 pm

Y'all are awesome so awesome!! Surprised I am an organizational nerd (you should see my closet). I have some time today I might try this.
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/6/2016, 1:53 pm

If you load a ton of files in sp3e, once you merge, it will look like the program is glitching, or freezing, THAT IS NORMAL!! it will stop once it's done!!
Back to top Go down
http://maggiesims.tumblr.com
NiNjahawkz

NiNjahawkz

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/7/2016, 6:01 pm

is s4pe package compress process the same as it was with sims 3?
Back to top Go down
Vanadis
Vanadis

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty3/11/2016, 7:12 pm

NiNja, it's similar if I remember correctly. But I may as well have alzheimers :/ But I did it with S4PE and I know I did something wrong because after I merged, the game wouldn't load. I've had it unmerged ever since.

So I too would be pleased as punch if anyone had any thoughts and tips on how to merge for Sims 4.
Back to top Go down
socallucyfan

socallucyfan

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty11/5/2016, 10:18 pm

I have another little question:

What happens in I buy a combination set, but one of the EP's is already installed in my game? There is a combo Pack with World Adventures and Generations together. I already have WA installed but not Generations. So, is it worth getting the combo pack (since I can't find Generations EP by itself?)
Back to top Go down
Vanadis
Vanadis

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty11/5/2016, 11:05 pm

Ideally, the installer would recognize that WA is already installed.  Personally for me I wouldn't do it, but then again I've got mine all on Steam.  However TS3 is dropping in price as TS4 is out and has been for what, two years... It's REALLY up to whether you want to spend the money on it.  

But yeah it should recognize WA already installed.  You shouldn't have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
socallucyfan

socallucyfan

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty11/6/2016, 11:09 am

Thanks Vana. You are awesome!! I found the combo pack at Target for like $10. I don't have Generations, and I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. Even for $10 is the EP worth it?
Back to top Go down
Vanadis
Vanadis

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty11/6/2016, 1:33 pm

I think for ten bucks, yeah.  I really enjoy the stuff Generations adds to the game.  Loads more stuff to do for your kids, toddlers, teens... So you actually kind of get to like playing them because they don't just eat, poop, and go to school now.

You can have a quick glance at this http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/

It details all the stuff Generations adds pretty well so you can decide if you need any of that!  I think if I didn't have it and it was only $10 I'd buy it.  But that's me personally.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy495

ArtsyAmy495

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty11/6/2016, 3:36 pm

NiNjahawkz wrote:
is s4pe package compress process the same as it was with sims 3?

Yes s4pe works pretty much the same. I've done it and it was fine. *But I honestly don't use 4 much...still actually prefer 3. I always dl a gang of cc though, you know, just in case! lol

@socallucy Yes, I agree with @Vanadis, @Vidkid20, and @MaggieSims I wouldn't actually play my games without merging (personal preference) and it defo makes it easier for organizing. When using S3 your cc items used will still show in custard (if you use it for checking corrupted files, etc.) And I also agree with MaggieSims again about CC Magic...I find the regular merging a lot easier and better loading for my game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So....I have a Question   So....I have a Question Empty

Back to top Go down

So....I have a Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmetry Design :: Help & Feedback :: Gaming & PC Issues :: Sims 3-
Jump to: