Simmetry Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simmetry Design

Where creativity has no limits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty
PostSubject: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:03 pm

Welcome to the Modeling Competition Directory!
(Still a WIP! Sims 4 thread here.)
This thread was created in order to keep track of all future, current, and past competitions (that we can find at least!) and the modeling tag list. It is also a place for people to discuss competition ideas, post polls about competition ideas, advertise, etc. Feel free to chat in this thread, and make sure to bookmark this thread!
Note: This thread will always be updated, regardless if I make a public post saying so. The public post is only for major thread updates (such as reorganization), to give recognition to those who win, alert new members to the threads existence, for any public events ongoing, and to have a record of what has come and gone.

Polls Currently Running:
Which competition should be released first?
Which editing program do you use?

Broken atmQuick-links:
Modeling Tag List
Polls and Ideas
Upcoming Competitions
Current Competitions
Past Competitions

Links to relevant threads:
Official Sims Modeling Forum
❦Modeling, Hosting, & Judging Guide❦
Editing and Modeling Tutorials
Share Your Before and After Edits
Modeling Chat Thread

Active Magazines:
Top Model Magazine
SIMPLISTIC MAGAZINE
Flaunt It Sims Magazine

The reasons we are doing this is to:

• Provide a reliable and updated list for models to look at when they are interested in joining a competition. Make sure to bookmark this thread!
  • Provide a reliable and updated modeling tag list for hosts. Quite a few hosts are tagging inactive people!
  • Avoid schedule and competition clashing. Too many competitions at once can cause problems for hosts and models. The “Current” and “Upcoming” Lists will help hosts make better decisions on when to release competitions. Also to avoid people taking an idea of someone who hasn’t published their competition yet, because we all know how frustrating it is to work on something and then be too late at publishing it!
  • Avoid stealing competitions/names, intentionally and unintentionally. I don’t mean sharing the same ideas, I mean someone intentionally looking for a comp to steal, or accidentally matching the majority of a comp by pure accident.
  • Back to names, we want to avoid naming competitions the same thing when we can in order to avoid confusion with older/newer models down the line, and because as @MaggieSims said, “The super successful comp names are like a brand for the comp host.”
  • Still on the two above this: Competitions based on shows or real life competitions are unavoidable in this community and are therefore not subject to the naming or competition reason. Competitions come labeled with the hosts name, so just be sure to look at the name before clicking if you are looking for a specific one. (Yes, that means multiple Project Runways, American Horror Story, Next Top Model, Miss Universe, etc. are possible and unavoidable, but probably not at the same time. And legally speaking they belong to none of us.)
  • Provide inspiration for those looking for an idea. We will have a list of requested/previously failed ideas that people can run, which means people can leave ideas in the thread for others to use.
  • Provide a place for feedback about competition ideas. No more making separate threads asking if people are interested, and less of a chance of competitions failing! We will have polls or feedback posts so everyone can give their opinions on an idea.
  • For nostalgia. Who wouldn’t want to look at these amazing competitions from the past?

If you would like to help fill the thread out quicker, please fill out this form for current and past competitions:
Code:
Link to competition:
Host(s):
Open or Closed (means join at any time or signup): (Not needed for closed/past competitions)
Games allowed (Sims 2/3/4): (Not needed for closed/past competitions)
Status: (Taking applications or closed sign-ups) (Not needed for closed/past competitions)

And if you want to have your upcoming competition displayed, please fill this out:
Code:
Name: (Even if it is just a WIP)
Host(s):
Estimated Arrival:
Theme/Description:

Polling and Feedback
If you would like to test an idea among the community or see which competition of yours will do better than the rest, you can either 1) post your ideas and wait for feedback, or 2) post a poll or have me post a poll for you. Just scroll down for the poll formats. If you would like to discuss polls with me, please post here or message me.

Last edited by MizoreYukii on 1/16/2017, 7:45 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mizoreyukii.tumblr.com/
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:04 pm

Polls and Ideas
This is where polls will be placed, as well as rejected and requested competition ideas. Feel free to even take some of the ideas and make them into assignments if they sound interesting. Have fun!

Requested/General Ideas/Previously Failed

• No poseplayer or CAS poses, just their creative use of in-game actions!
  • Medieval based competition (daily life, jobs, etc.)
  • Gif based competition (this would be an advanced competition; ty to @Eliavah and her glorious gifs for giving me this idea)
  • Toddler/Children/Teenager based pageants or competitions! I think an actual princess comp, coming of age, etc. would be really cute
  • Entire comp of nothing but burlesque!
  • Calendar based competition
  • Pregnancy story competition, or general pregnancy modeling
  • Bride Battle! Have your bridezilla's battle each other to determine whose wedding is the best (who has the best dress, venue, receptions, etc.)
  • Based on The Sims Castaway, story competition about their survival on an island
  • Food based comp
  • Job/work based comp, each assignment is a new job
  • Lookbook comp since we haven't had one for a while

Polls
Polls are to check for the amount of interest in your competition and if they will do well. They are set up to be “Yes”, “Maybe”, or “No” types of polls. Some people don’t want to show interest publicly, or are too lazy to post, so this allows them to vote without having to worry about publicly speaking their interest. Follow the “Single Poll” format below and submit.
If you would like to instead place several competitions up into one poll to see which has more interest than the rest, please follow the “Multiple Poll” format.

Format for Single Poll:
Code:
Name for comp: (Decided already? Type it! If not, put a placeholder)
Estimated start date: (General month is good)
Theme: (Fashion? Story? Fantasy? Fashion and fantasy? Sci-fi? Reality show? Etc.)
Assignments: (Length of time for assignments; how many of them; maybe an example?)
Description: (What exactly is it about?)

Format for Multiple Poll:
(Submit one for each competition you would like in the poll, in a single post.)
Code:
Name for comp: (Decided already? Type it! If not, put a placeholder)
Theme: (Fashion? Story? Fantasy? Fashion and fantasy? Sci-fi? Reality show? Etc.)
Description: (What exactly is it about?)

Polls Currently Running:
Which competition should be released first?
Which editing program do you use?

Last edited by MizoreYukii on 1/31/2017, 3:31 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:05 pm

Upcoming Competitions
Please do not take anyone's upcoming competitions without permission, even if they recently disappeared. After about 3-6 months of inactivity, then you can roll with the idea if you're still interested. Otherwise, respect your fellow models and don't take an upcoming competition without asking for their permission, because nobody wants to return from an emergency to see their idea taken, it can be pretty upsetting. Thank you for being considerate!
(Reality/show based competitions like Miss Universe, Project Runway, and Next Top Model, are different due to not being an original idea, and waiting time can be lowered, but it is still recommended to wait.)

To have your upcoming competition displayed, please fill this out:
Code:
Name: (Even if it is just a WIP)
Host(s):
Estimated Arrival:
Theme/Description:

General Competition Timeline: (Use this, plus Current and Upcoming competitions to determine the best release date.)

• Late January through early May - Slightly slow traffic, but opening a new comp and succeeding is doable since there are a lack of major holidays, and schools are starting to finish towards May, plus Spring Break.
  • Late May through early September - These are the Summer months, which are the best months for opening competitions! We not only get an influx of new members over these months, but we also welcome returning models back after a year of hard work. Save heavy editing and time demanding comps for these months (such as fantasy, sci-fi, strict modeling, etc.)
  • Late September through early January - These are the worst months for competitions due to school, holidays, and certain events. Competitions, even after opening in early September, have a high chance to fail during these months. Some competitions can open during these months and do well, but only if the concept is good enough. Strongly recommend checking for general interest via poll or post before proceeding.

Color Codes:

Upcoming:

• Competition | Model On-The-Job // by Jellysimwich & company // Start Date: N/A
    Quote :
    Do you have what it takes to do the job? Models will be sent out into the work field and put on-the-job for their photoshoot challenge. Jobs will diversely vary, requiring models to either dress to impress, or throw on a hard hat and boots. Because in this competition, it's about doing the job and doing the job right!

• Competition | The Cutest Couple Comp Cycle 2 // by Jellysimwich // Start Date: N/A
    Quote :
    Story/caption based couple competition

• Competition | OBITUARIES Cycle 1 // by ArtsyAmy // Start Date: Fall, before Halloween 2017
    Quote :
    Presenting sims in different death scenes

• Competition | (N/A) // by wbombje // Start Date: Summer
    Quote :
    Create your own villain based comp

• Competition | Game On! // by MizoreYukii // Start Date: Summer
  • Competition | ♥️Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp♥️ // by MizoreYukii // Start Date: Summer
  • Activity | N/A // by MizoreYukii // Start Date: Within the next few months
  • Competition | (Still deciding/Poll) Muse or Back to the Basics // by MizoreYukii // Start Date: Sometime before February

Mizzie's WIP list:
Needed a place for me to list my future comps too. Wink I have other threads being released in the near future as well. Keep your eye out for them! (Massive Tutorial Thread, Modeling Awards)
I've organized these based on what I want to host first. If you would like to run one of these yourself, just send me a message for us to talk! A few of these I wouldn't mind joining myself, but some of these I have been planning for a while and I'm adamant to host. Anything that I am working on (such as fleshing out assignments) is marked as "WIP", anything that still has a name I am iffy on says "WIP Title", and anything I am doing both on is "WIP/Title". If I haven't worked on it yet I don't add WIP.

• Game On! (WIP) {Gaming comp} – Based on games and gaming themes/scenarios. Pick or make a race and class for your applications, then throughout the comp you will model your fighter in different scenarios. Scenarios can include NPC interactions, fight scenes, specific quests types or themes, exploration and adventure, etc. (Might involve some optional roleplaying/storytelling. Might involve a leveling system, and/or random events.)
  • Back to the Basics (WIP) – There is little to no editing, except for filters, beauty modifications, and corrections. Instead, models submit ingame screenshots only to focus on camerawork and ability to build in-game backdrops. The focus is mostly on candid shots, with some modeling shots thrown in.
  • Muse (WIP/Title) - A comp for people who enjoy all types of music, and depending the cycle, specific genres/eras! Each assignment you will be given a specific song (for everyone, or individual) to interpret and make an edit for, based on what you think is happening in the song or what the song is talking about, or what you feel. The assignments will mostly be open ended with very few requirements, and I will be choosing songs that are either straight forward in meaning, or confusing. There won't be a fashion focus, or a normal modeling focus, just your creative interpretations. The first cycle will be an all around comp with multiple genres, but I won't be choosing "heavy" genres or songs (like heavy metal, screamo?, heavy rap, etc.), and the songs will be appropriate (though there may be a song that insinuates, or a word or two, but otherwise appropriate).
  • The Selection (WIP) -Based on the book series! "The Selection is a competition between thirty-five girls called the Selected who compete to marry the prince and become the Princess of Illéa." Think of it as a Miss Universe/World for glamour and fashion, merged with The Bachelor, but with princes/princesses and focused more on romance, politics, and drama (also a dystopian universe). Assignments will be varied and based on stuff from the books, fanbase, or whatever I come up with. Issues are included (such as dealing with a press attack, etc.), focuses on the romance (dates, imagined futures, etc.), handling political issues to the best of your ability, and prepping to be the next Queen/King. Will be slightly RP based, but mainly only on the judge/host side unless contestants choose to join in.
  • Outrageous Modeling (WIP) – Placing sim in weird and awkward situations while trying to model! This includes tripping during a photoshoot, food fights while trying to walk the catwalk, makeup/hair/clothes disasters, and possibly sabotage! Completely comedy based so everyone takes a break from the serious competitions.
  • American Horror Story (WIP/Title) – Assignments based on themes and characters from the show. Heavily focused on representing the horror and weirdness that is common in the show.
  • Body Art (WIP/Title) – Slightly based on the show Face Off and body painting show, Skin Wars. This competition encourages drawing and manipulating prints/textures (for those that can't draw) to create the look you need. Costumes in general will be rare or drawn on the skin (since it's body painting), and props/backgrounds will usually be the only thing from the game or Google, as premade textures/makeup won't be allowed unless it's small (like eyeshadow or eye decorations). First cycle will be easier to not overwhelm people and to test the waters.
  • Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp (WIP to redo first 3 assignments) - Will reopen this at a later date, most likely towards the end of the school year as that is the time we get an influx of new members. It will most likely run the same way as the other time.
  • Game of Thrones - A more optional roleplaying/storytelling based competition where models create a character set in the GoT universe and must work their way through scenarios (aka the assignments/challenges) to win the crown! This will be like the show, so it will be intense and not exactly kid friendly, but I will try to keep some assignments toned down. To avoid potential spoilers for some people, the universe and scenarios will mainly be focused on your character and the characters of the other models, with possibly a few guest appearances of characters from the actual show.
  • Intermediate Modeling Bootcamp (WIP) - I've been debating about holding one as there are quite a few who need guidance through intermediate editing. I'm thinking it will be similar to the beginner's comp but different, with more freedom in the assignments and less of focusing on following tutorials. Not sure though.
  • RuPaul’s Drag Race (WIP Title) – Based off of the show, but more of a focus on modeling, with the usual funnies of course!! Wouldn't be RuPaul without them. :joy: ~ I might make a comp based on RuPaul's but not with drag. It doesn't seem like the community here cares for it very much, but I know the craziness of the assignments and drama will probably attract some attention. I'll leave it up to vote later! I don't have a name in mind so it's stuck as this atm.
  • Advanced Modeling Bootcamp (WIP) - This won't be coming for quite a while, if at all. Since not many people move onto advanced in the first place, I am unsure if I will hold one. I most likely will though to give people training that may help them move onto the next level (though that isn't guaranteed). There's also a lot of material to cover, which makes planning this comp difficult, if not tedious on my end. So for now it's a large WIP with no possible opening date (probably not even for another year!).

Last edited by MizoreYukii on 1/16/2017, 8:24 pm; edited 24 times in total
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:05 pm

Current Competitions
I included both this forum and the S4 forum
You can use this format to submit your competition, or I will eventually get to it myself.
Code:
Link to competition:
Host(s):
Open or Closed (means join at any time or signup):
Games allowed (Sims 2/3/4):

If something needs to be added or altered, post or message me!
New/recurring comps are on top to make sure they are seen by everybody. Closed comps are in the middle. Postponed comps are on the bottom.
Below the spoiler is the reference guide for understanding the labels, such as  "Recurring".

Color Codes:

Recommendation*:

*Too many competitions will burn out both the hosts and models, leading to some dropping, abandoning, or being unable to join in due to other commitments. If you want the best outcome for your comp, I suggest waiting! It is now school time as well, making this more stressful on everybody, so please keep this in mind when opening comps.

If your competition fails or has ended, remember to change the title to "Closed" or "Winner Announced"!

Modeling:

Activities:

CAS:

Last edited by MizoreYukii on 1/26/2017, 3:45 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

Past Competitions
This is where past competitions, completed or unfinished, will go. If the host deleted the information, or several other factors made it pointless to look at, it will not be included. If the assignments are still standing but the banners aren't, I will still link it.
This section will take quite a while to fill out, as the Sims modeling history is a loooong one. I will be doing my best to track them down, but help is always appreciated!

If you like one of these past competitions and want to run it, please read this before doing anything:

• It is highly recommended to make your own version with your own ideas rather than starting one exactly like it. Many hosts can agree that they would prefer no one take their competition, and instead would prefer if a competition inspired by their competition be made instead.
  • Has the host disappeared? It is always best to contact them first, but if they aren't available it is best to wait 1+ years before you run that specific idea (if your idea is similar but of your own making, this does not apply!). If the host has been missing for longer than a year, then your situation is a bit different.
  • If the host is not gone, you must ask for permission first. If they say no, it means no.
  • Once you have permission, or it has been a reaaaaally long time since the original host has been online, then you can move forward. However, do not copy their competition word for word or reuse their banners (unless you asked for permission). That is stealing their hard work.
  • Remember to not name it "Season 2", "Season 3", "Cycle 3" etc., if you do run it. Do not claim the competition as yours either, give credit to the original host in the opening statement/post, and I would even recommend giving it an updated name. Be aware that if the host comes back they will probably be very upset about you continuing the comp as if you were the original owner. Also, remember that if the original host does come back, they are still the original owner, be respectful and take the competition down by their request.

Use this form below to submit a previous competition (yours or someone elses's):
Code:
Link to competition:
Host(s):

Code:
[url=][/url] // by
Permission (This means the host has given their full consent for someone to take over their competition.)
(insert name) (These are other names the host goes by)

This section is a major WIP, so if you don't see your competition yet, don't freak out! Submit a form or wait patiently for me to get to it.

These are organized by categories. Some fit multiple categories, others are difficult to label in general. I have used my best judgement to organize these, but if you feel one belongs in a different category, you are welcome to suggest an alternative.
The list of categories and their descriptions are below the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Modeling & Fashion

Fashion

Advertisement/Magazine

Celebrity

Reality/TV Show

Inspiration

Story/Caption/Roleplay/Writing

Fandom

Fantasy/Mythology

Horror/Supernatural

Scifi

Vanilla/No CC/In-game

Open Competition

Activity

CAS

Misc.

Last edited by MizoreYukii on 1/16/2017, 7:44 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:08 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:09 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:09 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:10 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:10 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

Reserved
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 10:11 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/15/2016, 11:26 pm

Okay, now it's up. xD Going to go work on the other thread now.
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty6/17/2016, 2:23 am

Thread is updated with new comps.
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty7/7/2016, 9:46 pm

Thread has been updated.
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty7/7/2016, 10:59 pm

Probably should have posted all that had been added! Oops Here is a list of everything I'd changed since the last update.
Edit: The forum settings seem to be broken. >_>

Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty7/13/2016, 6:52 am

@Tatortotsims Added your comps hun. Let me know if anything is wrong or missing!
@Vidkid20 Getting to yours tomorrow if I can manage it. xD Did you know there was a comp already named "Pin-Up"? LOL
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty7/13/2016, 7:06 am

@spackichan Oh and got Mythos added! xD

Still working on everyone else's. This is going to take foreverrrrr. Oops
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty7/21/2016, 6:56 pm

Phew! Sorry about that everyone, been pretty busy! Here are the updates! :mrgreen:
I was working on this last night and then got distracted by one of my books, The Selection! 😂 I feel bad that I stopped editing the directory, but man was that book good, so good I'm gonna make a comp based on it when I have the chance! LOL

Updates:

• I have added a new theme/idea to the "Idea" section.
    Quote :
    Toddler/Children/Teenager based pageants or competitions! I think an actual princess comp, coming of age, etc. would be really cute

• Added 2 new competitions to the "Upcoming" section!
    Quote :
    ~ ✿ BARBIE ✿ The Next Fashionista ✿ // by xJojox ~ Season 2
    ~ Miss Calendar // by Zita1966z
    Quote :
    12 challenges - different themes
    each challenge represent a month.
    Winner of say challenge one will be Miss January
    Pictures/entries places done on a calendar
    After 12 challenges the the calendar girl with the most accumulated points will win the season and become Miss Calendar
    NO voting public - as from all my new seasons a new vote/judge system is implemented.
    Examples
    Spoiler:

• Updated my section in the "Upcoming" section because I had a new idea based on The Selection book series, moved the comps around based on what I am most interested in, and removed one (the Toddler and Tiaras one).
  • Zita1966z 's Miss Universe has started Season 5 after announcing the new reigning Miss Universe. Applications are now closed, but the new season is an exciting one with a new voting system, and so many new beautiful models, including xJojox 's plus size model!
    Quote :
    MISS UNIVERSE Season 05 // by Zita1966z // Recurring // All Games // Sign-ups Closed
    This comp is open to beginners and pro's. Past results has shown that anyone CAN win. Our reigning Miss Universe Chaos-Fairy entered here as a fairly fresh beginner and won! Her 1st princess JennaCatz enter her 1st pageant here and came 2nd. Point is anyone can win, it does not matter how many challenges an individual win..it never means they will win 4 sure. This comp is now in it's 5th season and the main focus is to have fun, learn, enjoy and do what we all do so well..play sims lol Smile

• A lovely new competition has started by psykt!
    Quote :
    Models of The World // by psykt // Sims 4 only // Taking Applications
    I'm starting a new competition with more focus on the different beauty standards of the world. This competition is a modelling competition, and not a pageant competition. There will be creative challenges and you should have some experience in editing to get far. I'm currently searching two judges to judge with me. I'm hoping for 20 contestors to join before I'm starting the competition. The judges will then pick out fifteen members to go through to the first challenge. This means your applications are more important than in other competitions.

• wrswrs2 has launched another competition as well for her magazine, get those glamorous models ready! Wink
    Quote :
    Top Model Magazine Model Search // by wrswrs2 // Sims 4 only // Taking Applications
    OP MODEL MAGAZINE is looking for a bunch of new fresh faces to grace the pages and covers of its magazine! Former top model and current magazine editor-in-chief of Top Model Magazine will be our host and head judge! Some of you may remember that TMM originally launched way back in the Sims 2 days at Sims Contest Forum. It is now back in a Sims 4 format and needs your help finding new models!

• Two competitions have announced the winners!
    Congrats to Zita1966z for winning ✿ BARBIE ✿ The Next Fashionista ✿! Congrats to Pebblycat for 2nd and Chaos_Fairy for 3rd!
    Congrats to Chaos_Fairy for becoming MISS UNIVERSE Season 04, and JennaCatz for 1st Princess and dafadolly for 2nd Princess!
  • One competition has moved to the "Past Section".
    Quote :
    ~ ✿ BARBIE ✿ The Next Fashionista ✿ // by xJojox

Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty7/26/2016, 12:33 am

Updates:
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty8/4/2016, 5:48 pm

Updates:

• Updated a few of the main posts. Nothing major, mostly corrections.
  • We have a poll coming up, I'll tag everyone when it's up.
  • Added a new upcoming competition from @Vidkid20. Also updated the "Upcoming" section with more of Zita1966z's upcoming comps.
    Quote :
    ~ Sims4 THE BACHELOR Season 02 // by Zita1966z
    ~ Miss Country Girl Season 02 // by Zita1966z
    ~ Simply Twisted // by VidKid20 (ColorMePink)
  • Updated the "Current" section and moved comps around by further association. Postponed comps are at the bottom now since we have so many. For anyone who doesn't know, new comps who are taking applications and open competitions are at the top. Recurring comps stay under the taking application/open comps. Everything else goes in-between postponed and recurring. I also updated the names of a few comps as I noticed they were changed recently.
  • Project Runway has started it's new season!
    Quote :
    PROJECT RUNWAY - SEASON 7 // by Zita1966z // Recurring // All Games // Taking Applications
    this season we are returning to the original season 1 concept where there will be a top half and bottom half after every vote and 1 model will go home after deliberation...unless off course Heidi would like to see more of her/him...or send more than 1 model home...
    Once judging is completed, the judges will be presented with the results of their accumulated votes and they will recommend 1 model each who they think should go home......but...Heidi will the have the ultimate say in who goes home and it might not even be a model suggested by the judges, we all know how unpredictable she can be..
  • Two comps have finished and announced the lovely winners!
    ♥ Congrats to AshLenn as Miss Russia for becoming MISS WORLD Season 06, and congrats to xJojox as Miss Argentina for 1st Princess and JenLadyBird88 as Miss Scotland for 2nd Princess!
    ♥ Congrats to xJojox for winning PROJECT RUNWAY - SEASON 6, and congrats to Penguinwa101 for coming 2nd!
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty8/4/2016, 11:34 pm

Is it safe to post? If you not, you can delete this. xD

Just wanted to say thanks for adding Simply Twisted. Working on getting that up soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty8/18/2016, 3:57 pm

@Vidkid20 You're welcome! And no, it's totally fine to post here! ^_^
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty9/1/2016, 3:58 am

Updates:

• Phoenix_Rainx has opened a very cute competition! Check it out!
    Quote :
    Fairy Tale Modelling Contest // by Phoenix_Rainx // All Games // Taking Applications
    Hello, and welcome to Fairy Tale, the modelling contest where your creativity can shine through your magical photos! In this contest, fairy tales from far and wide will battle it out through a series of fun tasks, photoshoots and rollercoaster twists! Each application will submit a different fairy tale character, be creative!

• Sims Survivor by BobSkellington is back for another amazing run! Hurry and get those apps in before September 3rd!
    Quote :
    ♥️SIMS ☀️SURVIVOR CYCLE 3☀️ // by BobSkellington // All Games // Taking Applications
    Welcome to Sims Survivor, where you will battle it out to become the ultimate Survivor, do you think you have what it takes to survive the extreme?

Well, gurl. You better watch out, this is not a game for the sane Wink

This will be fashion based, you can form a team, send someone packing. Or, even start drama.

That's right, this is no ordinary Sims and Modeling competition, you have to transform into the ultimate Scream Queen, while surviving the island.

So, do you still think you have what it takes?

Okay, cool. Some assignments might require story-telling, but that is entirely up to you.

Will you become the hunter, or the hunted?

We shall see..

• Ready to get spooked? Neverfalle has launched an awesome supernatural competition! Apps are due by September 3rd!
    Quote :
    Manifestations of the Occult // by Neverfalle // All Games // Taking Applications
    Welcome to my first modelling competition! In this comp we will be exploring the supernatural and the mythological from all cultures and the history that follows them. Each applicant will choose a supernatural being for their model to be (e.g. vampire, alien, siren, demon, etc.) but no two models can be the same creature. The assignments will delve into the past and modern day representations of your chosen being and will teach us all many new things about mythology and the supernatural. Winner of each assignment will get a siggie. Winner of the competition will get a siggie too. Not very exciting, but you get free bragging rights.

• Model Of The Year Cycle 2 has restarted and been moved to the current section as a recurring comp now!
    Quote :

Model Of The Year Cycle 2 // by xJojox // Recurring // All Games // Sign-ups Closed
    Welcome Models. I'm so glad you came back look in at the second season of this competition. This contest is a beauty contest for those models who wish to showcase that beauty and show everyone that have what it takes to be the successful model of the year. It’s based mostly on building a model portfolio, your models beauty, creative shots, and how charismatic you are in your work and presentation. This cycle is based on upcoming models, all models don't get signed to stay in the competition till the end, so show us your passion for modelling round by round by achieving the highest score to stay on.

I'm your host, Jojo. I've hosted many contests before and I'm interested in what your ladies have to offer this coming season! In this contest expect to be challenges to keep up with the competition. You will be pushed to make some creative pictures that will help you improve and be better by the time your time is done in MOTY.

Come and join in with all the fun! Our model of the year will grace next cycle’s banner.

• One comp has finished and announced the winners!
    ♥️ Congrats to @MissBirdie for winning DC/MARVEL INC, @xJojox for coming second, and @pammiechick for coming third!
  • One competition has been moved to the "Past" section.
    Quote :
    ~ DC/MARVEL INC // by Bobskellington

Back to top Go down
JoeJoe11

JoeJoe11

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty9/1/2016, 6:47 am

Hoping another fashion modelling comp pops up again soon, I'm sure it will Very Happy Now I've graduated just lurking around, and been editing a bit more recently, so ready to jump back in (the shallow end, still don't wanna join more than one!)

p.s. Mizzie, I finally tried that black/white layer mask cutting out method you posted a tutorial for, and wowww I wish I'd known about it earlier!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up   Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up Empty

Back to top Go down

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Update Post: 1/16 - 2 Polls up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next